Travelling by Boat
"Between July and March ferries run between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (they do not run during the dry season when the water levels are low). Travel is generally best during the wet season when water levels are high. The boats do not meet international safety standards, are run down and are known to break down fairly regularly. During high season, there are usually scores more onboard than there are seats for. That said, itís a nice way to travel, and you can sit on top and watch the countryside go by."
There are eight boat companies currently providing services between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and one boat company operating Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
at the Vietnam border..
Since there is limited numbers of passenger travel, boat companies are taking turn to cruise, one company a
day. At 7:00am is the departure time and half hour shall be arrived prior to the departure. Ticket shall be bought at least one-day advance for the assured seat but it is also
available at location. All boats are equipped with air-conditioner, toilet and Video TV. Enjoy your ride, experience your journey with rooftop and you will have the
benefit of spectacular scenery and see the true Cambodian villagers.
Tickets to Siem Reap cost for foreigners $35 (!!!!) and this is indeed a special foreigner price. Locals go for considerably less.
Most boat trips are about six hours, sometimes more. In the
event of a breakdown or as sometimes happens in the dry season, a boat gets stuck, the ride can take ten hours. Although neither scenario happens very often,
such unplanned events do happen from time to time and as such you ought to bring some water and a snack with you became you won't be getting any onboard.
- Khemara Express Boat: High Way No 5A In Front of Soksan Club: Tel: 023 430 777
- Soon Ly Boat: Tel: 023 725 797/ 012 728 055
- Channa Boat: Tel: 023 725 788
- Royal Express Boat:Sangkat Sras Chork Khan Daun Penh, Road No 5. Tel: 023 725 538
- Angkor Express Boat:Sisowath Squay International Phnom Penh Port. Tel: 023 426 892
- Rambo Express Boat:Tel: 012 846 818/ 011 876 678
- Mittapheap Boat (Friendship):Tel: 023 880 857/011 876 555
- Hang Chau Boat:Sisowath Squay International Phnom Penh Port. Tel: 012 883 542 >
Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
Phnom Penh and Chau Doc
- Departure Daily at 9:00AM
- Journey will take about 4-5 hours
- Operated by Hang Chau Boat Company
- $15.00 per ticket