THE
 CAMBODIA
 SITE
 

      NEDERLANDS   
 
 
 BANTEAY MEANCHEY
 -- Banteay Meanchey
 -- Banteay Meanchey Map
 -- Banteay Chhmar
 -- Banteay Torp
 -- Ang Trapeang Thmor
 
 HOME
 Phnom Penh
 Angkor Wat
 Siem Reap
 Sihanoukville
 Battambang
 Cambodian Islands
 Banteay Meanchey
 Kampong Cham
 Kampong Chhnang
 Kampong Thom
 Kampong Speu
 Kampot & Kep
 Kandal
 Koh Kong
 Kratie
 Mondulkiri
 Oddar Meanchey
 Pailin
 Pursat
 Preah Vihear
 Prey Veng
 Ratanakiri
 Stung Treng
 Svay Rieng
 Takeo
 Ton Le Sap Lake
 National Parks
 Travelling in Cambodia
 Hotel/ Guesthouse/ Bungalow
 Festivals
 Privacy Policy
 

 

 


 

Map of Banteay Torp


Banteay Meanchey

Banteay Meanchey is located in north-western Cambodia, at the border of Thailand. The capital of this province is Sisophon.

There are not many choices of transportation in the province. Whether you have your own bike or you should take a shared taxi.
But wait, let's not forget the train. Or maybe we should just forget it, because the train is very slow. We better can not mention the schedule of departure and arrival of the train, because they are never the same.

The train from Battambang has to arrive mostly between 10:00-11:00 in Sisophon. The journey takes about 3.5 hours, but that's about double the time that the shared taxis need. But there is an advantage: unlike most things in life, the train ride is free!
It will not take a long time before the poor Cambodians will have to pay for the ride. For us: the government has just not a good train service for tourists.

The economy of the province is 93% based on agriculture and the remaining 7% is in the hands of fisheries and trade. Due to its border with Thailand, is the casino business is booming and this is an increasingly important economy of the province.